The Carr Family

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day...

Jason let me sleep in and he made breakfast! It was so delicious! My favorite-and very indulgent-pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream! MMM!!! He also made the kids sausage and eggs. Jason also made me a really cute handmade card/coupon book. It had a few promises of a: massage, date night, hug, or watching the kids, with the best and funniest part:NO MATTER HOW TIRE I AM. Haha! So Jason. Poor guy! He works so hard! And can rarely keep his eyes open past 9! Anyway, we ate and hung out for a bit, then we got ready for church.

Keaton fell asleep on the two minute ride to our chapel. I thought how awesome! I'm finally going to be able to listen to the talks/music for once! Not the case. The youth speaker barely started speaking when the "I need to go potty Mommy!" started. So off we went. It wasn't really that big of a deal, but when we got back to our seat, the baby had woken up. He is such a good baby. He just sat there quietly in his seat for a good 10 minutes before making the "I wanna get up" squawk! The primary kids got up to sing "Mother I Love You" of course! It was so fun to see Kelsi up there with her Sunbeam class for the first time. Then the ward handed out truffles to all the mothers. I'm not a fan of those. But its all good!

After church we headed Jason made lunch for everyone and we tried to take a nap together. I think I got about 20 minutes. I got up and took the boys in my room. After about an hour, we headed over to my Uncle's house for dinner. Kyler fell asleep on the ride over, which is always a disaster when he wakes up. He woke up fine, but when we got inside the house, he freaked out and wanted to be held. I got him calmed down enough to see the other kids were playing outside. He didn't stay out more than 10 minutes and he was back in the house crying and coughing. He didn't feel warm but he started saying his ear hurt. So I looked inside and couldn't feel anything. But I felt behind his ear and there seemed to be a little lump. With all the mama's there they helped me conclude that he probably had an ear infection. My aunt gave him some children's Advil. About 10 minutes later, he was up running around, playing with the kids and eating whatever was in site! I was sure glad he was feeling better. We played a few games then headed back to my mom's house so she could open her gifts from us.

My dad got her a necklace and earring set she picked out. I got her a 1 lb box of milk chocolates from See's candy! So yummy! It was a nice day and Jason also surprised me and had some beautiful yellow roses waiting for me at my parent's house.(Thanks Dad!) In Jason's defense, he tried to get me my new phone. We called about 10 stores Saturday and they were all sold out of the one I wanted! If I don't get it this week, I'm probably going to order it online! Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there! And I'm especially grateful for my mom and grandma! They are always there for me and teach me so much! I love you both so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment