The Carr Family

Monday, June 4, 2012

California

Originally started:Dec. 5, 2011 My husband has a different relationship with his family than I do. His mother had him when she was only 16 years old and he never knew who his father was. Very sad if you ask me. Without going too much into detail, Jason's family has a lot of unreasolved drama. Including the fact that Jason's mother had held a grudge against her father since Jason was born. So he grew up without knowing his father or his grandfather. And out of respect for his family, I have chosen to not divulge the very little facts I know about the situation.

Fast forward to Nov. 2006. Jason and I were planning our wedding. We sent one of his aunts an invitation and somehow she got two. She sent one to Jason's grandpa.

Two years later I decided that I would ask Jason's aunt for Jason's grandfather's address. I figured he had never done anything to me or Jason, so I included a little note to him that said something like: if you'd like to call you're welcome to, and I gave him our phone number. And he did! So Jason and him have developed a relationship over the phone. One day he got a call that his grandfather would be in California visiting his brother(Jason's Great-Uncle). I decided that California is WAY closer than Texas, where his grandpa is from. So I told Jason that I thought we should make a quick trip down and visit him. Well it didn't take much convincing on his part. So he called his grandpa and told him our plans. The next morning we got up early and drove all day to Newport Beach. I found a hotel directly across the street from the beach! It was so awesome! We pulled into town just before it got dark, so we took the kids on the beach for the first time! It was pretty cold, since it was in December mind you, but they still loved playing in the sand and water! Plus, there were girls walking around in booty shorts all over the place! So I figured the weather wasn't that big of a deal! That night Jason took us over to Anehiem for dinner. We went to Angelo's Burgers. Jason had lived in Aneheim for a few years with his mother's ex husband when he was younger and had always gone to eat here. It was, EH...OK..Reminded me of a hamburger version of Robertos! Only the waitresses rolled around on skates to take and deliver our order. The next morning we got up pretty early and had breakfast. We then checked out of our hotel and drove a few towns over to meet up with his family. We drove to his uncle Larry's house. We sat around and visited for a while. And they showed us all their awesome fruit trees! Oh California I love you!! Anyway, after we caught up on the latest with the families, we decided to go to another of Jason's favorite's Me and Ed's Pizza for lunch. It was nice to eat with the family. We took some pics and let the kids play. We decided we had better get on the road since Jason had to be to work the next day. We had a nice drive home and I'm glad we went. It was a nice experience for our little family! And I'm very happy I could get my husband some closure and meet family he had never known about!












No comments:

Post a Comment