The Carr Family

Sunday, July 15, 2012


Every July we try to take a little family trip to Utah to get out of this unbearable heat! So that was the plan this year as well. Unfortunately, the mountains we always go to was having some brush fires and the mountain was evacuated. So sadly, we were unable to go out of town. But, fortunately for us, Jason and I got a lot of projects done around the house. We're talking 6 years of my patience people!

We put up all the baseboards in the house. We painted them in the kids room and moved all their furniture around and got rid of some toys.

I washed all the new baby clothes and blankets I want to use! And will probably set up the cradle tomorrow.

We also painted the hallway and living room! Oh my goodness! Totally different house! We're still getting used to the color and it's not exactly what we wanted, but who the heck cares! I'm so happy!

4th of July, my kids had a cousin/ grandma sleepover so we could finish up some projects... But we met up that night for a BBQ and swim and then over to my uncle's house for fireworks and homemade ice cream. It was a fun night!

Keaton has seemed to broken his leg!
:( The week before the 4th, my kids and the ones I babysit had just gotten home from dropping off an extension cord to Jason at a side job. They were in the kid room playing and I was changing out my never ending laundry loads. The next thing I know Keaton is crying and crawling on the floor. The kids ran out and said Kyler had pushed Keaton off the changing table. I guess they were taking turns jumping off the table onto the beds, which are on both sides. He wouldn't put any weight on it at all. And cried for 20 minutes. Jason came home and in an effort to save Kyler's life i handed Keaton to Jason to see if he could calm him down. And of course he did. He slept for a good 3 hours and woke up crying again and still wouldn't walk on it.

The next day my grandma had invited me and all the other grand daughters out for lunch. So my mom watched the kids. She was pretty freaked out about Keaton's foot, and I was hoping it was just a bad sprain.

So the next day I decides to take him to UMC quick care because of course it was a Sunday. They did x-rays and determined it was just sprained as well. I was exhausted and a little relieved.

Well a week later he was up walking on it but still had a limp. So I took him to our regular pediatrician Friday and she sent us for a second x-ray. They determined that he did have a small fracture and he needed to stay off it and I had to take him to the ER right then. So this has been a very expensive little injury! He has to wear this removable cast and stay off it for 2 weeks, and they want us to take him to an orthopedic specialist.

Kelsi turned 5 last week! It was the longest day ever! She got a call from her friend Sam to come play. They made her a cute cake and she had a fun time over there. Her dad had to take a dumpster across town to a customer so he picked her up on the way. Since I was babysitting I had those girls lay down to watch a movie and they fell asleep. So I got to have a real nice quiet afternoon! Jason got home about 6:30 and we took Kelsi up to pick out her birthday present. We got her a bike! She was so excited! Then we headed to dinner. She said she wanted to go to Costco and have hot dogs! Funny girl! She changed her mind and wanted Cane's so we picked that up and we ate at Cafe Rio. Then we took her bowling at Jason's work. The kids had a blast!

This will be my last week of babysitting for a while. I will sure miss the extra spending money! But I think a new baby in the house will make up for that! I'm super excited but Im starting to get nervous and scared about having another c-section! Oh well. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment