The Carr Family

Friday, August 24, 2012

Kolton Christopher

The latest addition to the Carr family is here! Kolton was born July 24 via c-section at 1:34 pm. He weighed 8 lbs and was 20 inches long. This was planned so it was a completely different experience to go to the hospital knowing you're getting cut open and will have a baby all in a matter of hours.

Jason and I arrived at the hospital at 11 am. We got checked in and I changed my clothes and was hooked up to the IV. Which took two nurses and two different tries because of my lovely veins!! (Accompanied by my lovely bruise!) They took me back to the operating room a little after 1. The room was sooooo cold and soooo bright! The anesthesiologist put in my spinal block. And then Jason came in with the dr. I was so drugged up and exhausted from not much sleep the night before that I kept coming in and out of sleep. Jason said that the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck and he was so far up in my ribs they had to use a vacuum. Poor little guy. He had no hair and came out screaming! They sent Jason out with the baby and nurses so they could clean me up.

I was in recovery for about an hour an a half. I was so exhausted and itchy! Coming off the anesthesia is the worst. After we got to my room they brought the baby in. He was a hungry little man! I started nursing him right away! My mom came to admire the new little man! She and I were both worried he was going to be a troublemaker because he cried anytime he wasn't hooked up to me. Haha! She stayed for a couple hours and Jason left to go eat. Then my grandma came and brought the other three! It was so neat to see them all together! :) Then my dad came up, my sister and her boyfriend and then my brother Nick and his wife. It was a very busy night. And I don't remeber a lot of it because i was on a lot of pain meds... but I did enjoy hearing all the awwwwws! We stayed two nights and I was home Thursday evening. My mom kept the other kids that night (as well as the whole week before). It was nice being home in our own bed in the quiet. The next day my mom brought the kids back home and she stayed with us for another 5 nights. It was so nice having her there. My kids adore her and Jason was very happy too because she is a clean freak! :) We had tons and tons of visitors- family, friends and people from our ward. We keep trying to decide if he is our last. Crazy right? He's now a month old and we're contemplating a 5th????? HAHA!! Jason did say in the hospital,"He makes me want another baby!" Umm ok..haha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment