The Carr Family

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The GOOD with the BAD.....

**VERY LONG POST**

We started Saturday morning VERY early. My cousin got baptized, so we had to be 25 minutes across town at 9 am. It was a very beautiful baptism, and Jason got to help confirm her. We headed over to my uncle's house for a delicious brunch!

Afterwards we went to Costco. Man do I love Costco! I mean, between the samples to keep the kids happy and the low prices on huge amounts of things to keep my bank account (and hubby) happy, who doesn't? After shopping and a small lunch, I somehow talked my (AMAZING) mother into taking Kelsi and Kyler for the night. (She actually volunteered the day before to take them both when Kelsi tried to go home with her after we met for lunch.)

Jason, Keaton and I headed home. While they got naps, I cleaned the house and put away all the Costco finds. I had a few things I needed to return to Kohl's, and some Kohl's cash that was about to expire! :) So Jason said he wanted to go with me..BEST KOHL'S TRIP EVER!! We found him a really nice suit on clearance! The jacket alone was well over $200 originally..so we were even more thrilled when we got to the register and both pieces were marked down even more! So a beautiful suit for under $50!! Plus my Kohl's cash and my 30% off! Woohoo!! :) Don't worry, I got some new shoes, food processor and a couple other things too! :)

Anyway, after shopping, we hurried home to get ready for another baptism. After that, Jason and I went to sushi. Always an adventure with a 10 month old! I even nursed him in the truck before we went in. I got him to sleep, but as soon as we opened the door to get out..he wakes up..and WILL NOT go back to sleep! :( He was pretty good..and the sushi was YUMMY! We ate until we couldn't anymore!

The next day we went to church. Afterwards, we came home, ate lunch and tried to get in a quick nap. (Well again, Jason and the baby did) Then we headed over to my parent's house to eat dinner. SO yummy! Then we all went over to my uncle's house again for FHE! And some desert!

When we finally got home, I got the kids in bed. My mom said Kyler had started coughing pretty bad the night before. So I gave him some cough medicine and plugged in the humidifier. He was pretty restless and had me going back and forth to his room for a few hours. About 2 in the morning I woke up and had a feeling like I was going to throw up. I was pacing around the house praying to throw up so I would feel better to go back to sleep. With no luck on the barf, I finally fell asleep a few hours later. When I woke up my body felt like I had been ran over by a truck.

I ached everywhere. Now having the flu and being a stay at home mom is completely different from just having the flu. The kids started getting up around 7:30..after about the 10th time of them coming in saying they were hungry, I stumbled out of bed and down the hall. I still managed to make Kelsi eggs (her favorite) and get Kyler his bowl of yogurt and bowl of cereal.

They were really good about entertaining themselves. Finally around 1 Jason came home from work early to take care of me. I was asleep on the bed with the boys when he came home. He did a few loads of laundry for me, and I rested as much as I could.

That night, Jason woke up with the flu. He actually went into work, but only lasted about a half hour and came home. (SCARED ME HALF TO DEATH WHEN HE WALKED DOWN THE HALL WHILE I WAS STILL IN BED!!! :) ) I still wasn't 100%, but knew I had to just tough it out. I got up and got everyone ready for the day, and took Kelsi to preschool. On Jason's way home from work he called my mom and asked her if she would take Kelsi for another night. She was the only one who didn't have the flu or a cold. She was stoked! :)

We met my mom for lunch and took the kids to the library. It was so cute how excited they got to get their first library cards! Who knew you can be any age! :)

I went back home and Jason looked worse than when I left. He had a pretty rough night and couldn't keep anything down. So around 9 am I took him to the ER. Poor guy! :( We went to the hospital near my parent's house so she could help me watch the kids as I came back and forth to the hospital. He was discharged around 3 pm.

Friday my mom went to the temple and met us afterward. Kelsi talked her way into going with grandma again! She made out like a bandit! :)My parent's went to a wedding that night and Kelsi didn't have anything to wear! No fear! Grandma's here!! :) She got new shoes, a dress and a matching headband...
My Beautiful Girl!


Jason ended up staying home the rest of the week. Thankfully by Saturday he was feeling a little bit back to himself. He ended up having a nice paying side job so he was gone all day.

My dad and Kenzie met me that morning so I could take Kelsi back home. But Papa asked her: Kelsi, do you want to come back home with us? Or go home with your mom?
Hmmm..Yup..Grandma's house is way better!! HAHA

But it all worked out. I made another Kohl's trip with the boys and am proud to say after 10 months, yes, I'm finally out of my maternity jeans! Embarrassing! But yes, I finally bought some new pants and capris for summer.

The next day we went to my parent's house and watched conference and made delicious breakfast! I love watching conference with my family. Even though it is hard with little ones. (Sorry Mom) And I love spending time with my sister. She is such a beautiful young woman! I love being around her. And its so nice to see that she and Jason are actually friends now! (Only took 6 years guys! JK)

I'm so grateful for my family and all their love and support. And I wish to never ever have the flu again!

No comments:

Post a Comment